Almond Coconut Milk
Prep Time: 8 hrs
Cook Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 8 hrs 2mins
Course: Milk Substitute
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water + ½ cup for soaking
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups hot filtered water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Nut Milk Bag or double layer cheesecloth to strain the almond pulp out
- Optional Flavor Additions to Taste
- Vanilla extract
- stevia or dates
- Raw Cacao powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- Soak almonds overnight in ½ cup filtered water. Rinse almonds.
- Add 1.5 cup hot (not boiling) water and 1/2 c unsweetened dry & shredded coconut to blender jar and let sit for 15 minutes or until cool.
- Add soaked almonds plus 1.5 cups filtered water and secure lid.
- Blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50 seconds. Wait about 10 seconds and run through the same cycle 1 more time.
- Strain using a nut milk bag or double layer cheesecloth to strain the almond pulp out
You can add a touch of vanilla and stevia or other flavor options if you like, but go easy because it tastes great without them!