Breakfast Quinoa Bowl (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Creamy, satisfying, and perfect with any toppings you want.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, plus more for topping
- 1 date, chopped, or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whatever toppings you want! (banana, blueberries, peanut butter, coconut flakes, walnuts, chia seeds, chocolate chips)
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 13-15 minutes, until the quinoa is fluffy.
- Keep the heat on low. Add coconut milk, non-dairy milk, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed most of the milk, but it is still pourable. Add more non-dairy milk, if needed.
- Pour some into a bowl and top with more non-dairy milk plus any toppings you want – fruit, nuts, nut butter…the possibilities are endless!
You can make a batch of this and divide it equally between 3-4 jars or containers to have for easy breakfasts!