Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 3.5 ounces cacao butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 ounce nut butter of your choice – I used almond
- Hemp seeds, to top
- Cacao nibs, to top
- Melt the cacao butter. Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and add the cacao. Stir until melted. Add the cacao powder and stir until combined.
- Add the maple syrup, maca, vanilla and salt. Taste, adding more maple syrup if desired.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases and spoon 1 tbsp of chocolate into each one.
- Set in the fridge to harden, about 20 minutes.
- Once hardened, using a teaspoon measure add 1 tsp of almond butter on top of the chocolate and smooth it out.
- Spoon more chocolate over the top of the almond butter, sprinkle on the hemp seeds or cacao nibs.
- Put the almond butter cups into the fridge to harden. Once hardened, remove them from the muffin tray and store in an airtight container to keep fresh.