Coconut Almond Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg if vegan
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil at room temperature, soft not melted or soft butter
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup or honey or maple syrup or 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - optional
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg - optional
- 1 pinch ground ginger - optional
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa chocolate >70% ,melted
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (360F). Lay a cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, with the S blade attachment, add all the cookie ingredients.
- Process on medium speed until all the ingredient comes together crumble. Transfer the dough into a bowl, form a ball with your hands and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Grease your hands with a tiny amount of coconut oil and form 4 large cookie balls or 8 small cookie balls - as you like, gently rolling the cookie dough between your hands to form balls.
- Place the balls on the baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Press each ball with your fingers to form thick flat round cookie - about 1 cm thickness.
- Bake at 180 C (360 F) for 12 minutes or until the sides are golden brown.
- Cool down on the cookie sheet for 20 minutes, they will harden slightly when cooling down.
- Transfer onto a cookie rack to fully cool down then decorate.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut in the microwave. The process by 30 seconds burst, giving a good stir each time to avoid the chocolate to burn.
- Dip half of the cookie into the melted chocolate then dip into desiccated coconut or sliced almonds. Dry on a cooling rack. Place the rack a few minutes in the fridge to set the chocolate shell quickly.
- Store up to 5 days in a cookie jar.