Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
servings| 23 balls
- 150 grams (1 cup) raw cashew nuts
- 175 grams (1 cup) Medjool dates pitted (any other date will work too)
- 45 grams (3/4 cup) unsweetened shredded coconutdivided
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Add the cashew nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
Add the dates, 30 grams (1/2 cup) of shredded coconut, chia seeds and process until well combined. Add the lemon zest + juice and mix until all the the ingredients come together to form a dough.
With slightly damp hands, roll half tablespoon of the mixture into balls, then roll each ball in the remaining shredded coconut.
Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If dates are dry, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes to soften and then drain.