Raw Apple Crumble
IngredientsFOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 pitted Medjool dates (or 4 Deglet Noor), chopped
- 4 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 apples, peeled and diced (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 pitted Medjool dates (or 10 Deglet Noor), chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- To make the crumble topping: Blend the walnuts and dates in a food processor to make crumbly nuggets similar in size to Grape Nuts cereal. Spoon into a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the filling: Toss the 4 peeled, diced apples with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and set aside in a bowl.
- Next, blend all of the sauce ingredients in the food processor: 2 apples, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, plus the dates, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss this mixture with the sliced apples.
- To serve, spoon into dessert dishes and sprinkle with the date-nut crumble topping.