RAW COCONUT MANGO TART
- 1 cup medjool dates
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut, slightly toasted (don't toast for raw version)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1½ cans organic coconut milk (JUST the cream on top), refrigerated for at least an hour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or one vanilla bean, scraped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 mangoes, thinly sliced
- Soak dates for a few minutes in warm water if hard. Add all crust ingredients to food processor and process until larabar texture. Be sure not to overprocess, otherwise mixture will become too sticky. Press the crust into an 8 inch tart pan (with a removable center for easy removal later) and refrigerate the crust while making filling.
- To separate the coconut cream from the milk, open the can and carefully remove the hardened cream on top. You can use the milk at the bottom for a soup, smoothie, curry, etc.
- Mix the coconut cream until its smooth, then add vanilla. Spoon the coconut cream mixture into the tart pan with the crust. Refrigerate for approx 10 minutes so that it will harden enough to hold the mango slices.
- Arrange the mango slices in a circular motion towards the center (see photo). Enjoy!!