RAW VEGAN LEMON CHEESECAKE
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup nuts (any nuts will do)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- squeezed juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Soak the cashews in cold water overnight. Or half an hour in boiling water (don't cook). Drai and rinse before starting to make the cake filling.
- Prepare the crust before the filling. Measure dates, nuts and 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a blender and blend to a sticky paste.
- Press the crust paste with your fingers in a 6-inch spring form and put the in the freezer to wait for the filling to be prepared.
- Put all the rest of the ingredients in a cleaned blender and pulse until the mixture in silky and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and let to set in the fridge for overnight or if you are in a hurry, for a couple of hour in the freezer.