Roasted Cauliflower & Brussel Sprouts
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets (I used purple cauliflower found at Whole Foods)
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, larger pieces sliced in half
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and garlic onto a large baking sheet. Remove thyme leaves from their stems and sprinkle over the vegetables. Drizzle with oil and toss mixture together to evenly coat and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Place pan into the preheated oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Remove pan after about 15-20 minutes and toss vegetables with balsamic vinegar. Return to the oven to finish baking.
- May need more or less time, depending on the size of your vegetables. Keep a close eye after 20-25 minutes minutes to prevent burning.