TOMATO AND CARROT CRACKERS
Makes 12 breads:
– 1/2 a cup of almonds
– 1/2 a cup of cashews
– 1/3 of a cup of sunflower seeds
– 1/3 of a cup of pumpkin seeds
– 1/3 of a cup of linseeds/flaxseeds
– pulp of 3 juiced carrots (from the insider of your juicer), or 2 grated carrots
– 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
– 2 tablespoons of cold water
– 3 teaspoons of dried oregano
– a sprinkling of poppy seeds (optional)
This recipe couldn’t really be easier.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
Start by putting the almonds and cashews in the food processor for about 30 seconds, once they have broken down a little add the flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and allow them to blend for about another minute. Wait until they’re all partially ground.
Next, add the carrot pulp, tomato puree, oregano, salt and water and blend again until a sticky mixture forms.
Spread this mixture out really thinly on parchment paper laid on a baking tray – use a spatula to get the mixture really thin.
Then score the crackers, using a knife, into the shape you want.
Bake for 10-20 minutes, until the crackers are hard and ever so slightly brown on the op. Then remove them and allow them to cool and fully set before taken them off the tray.
Then spread with deliciousness and enjoy!