Vegan Cookies and Cream Ice cream
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato (14 ounces), cooked and cooled, skin removed*
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 batch Paleo Vegan Oreos or 10 vegan Oreos, broken up
- optional: 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a large food processor, puree the sweet potato until smooth.
- Add in the coconut cream and vanilla (optional add-in of the maple syrup, but I found the ice cream to be sweet enough! Test it out in the food processor with just the coconut cream and vanilla, and if you’d like it a little sweeter, you can add in the maple syrup).
- Add in the crumbled Oreo cookies into the ice cream batter and stir in with a spoon.
- Pour the ice cream batter into a parchment-lined 9″ baking loaf tin and sprinkle on any extra cookies.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until hard. To scoop, let soften at room temperature for 15 minutes.