Vegan Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
Cook Time: 55 mins
Calories: 289 kcal
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
This zesty Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is dense and full of flavor. Non-Dairy Yogurt Pound Cake Loaf with lemon and blueberries.
- 1/2 cup non dairy yogurt or use blended silken tofu or thick cashew cream or softened vegan cream cheese or vegan sour cream
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup or more unrefined sugar preferably powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon or lime
- 2 cups flour I use 1 cup wheat or spelt flour, and 1 cup unbleached white
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup blueberries tossed in 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 180ºc. Line a loaf pan with parchment.
- Add all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is well combined. 1-2 mins
- In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except blueberries. Add dry to wet and mix until just combined. Reserve 1-2 tbsp blueberries. Fold in the rest of the blueberries into the batter..
- Drop the batter into prepared pan. Distribute the remaining blueberries on top and press in lightly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Frost or ice if needed. A simple glaze of lemon zest + lemon juice + sugar icing works really well.
Variation: Add a crumb mixture on top before baking.
Frost or ice with a lemony glaze or cream cheese based frosting.
Author: Vegan Richa