Winter Herb Kvass
- Handful each of sage, rosemary, and thyme
- 1 radish, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Filtered or non chlorinated water
- put all of the herbs, the radish, and the sea salt into your jar and cover with water, leaving about two inches of head space at the top.
- Cover with a loose lid, so that the carbon dioxide can escape, and put into a quiet and dark corner of your kitchen for 5-7 days.
- You should eventually start to see a few bubbles on the surface, this is a good thing
- The water will become slightly cloudy and the herbs may lose a bit of their freshness, but it should smell herbaceous and wonderful. Strain out the herbs and serve chilled, maybe even with a rosemary sprig as a garnish.